Unlike his brother, he is far more dedicated in his craft to become a yokozuna.
He is known for his strength and a quick and powerful strong toss, and a quick open palm strike, and he has all-round range in terms of attacking options.
Defensively, like most high-ranked fighters, he often lets opponents fight him in close range, as he is confident that he can't get lifted or tossed立刻. Even when the brothers acts as the guardians of the Nagoya Temple, who normally hold back fighting at full strength. However, they will actually fight seriously in the later chapters in the historical story, and/or when provoked by onlookers in open challenges.
- Hikage Tenma vs Ushio Hinomaru
- Hikage Tenma vs Kunisaki Chihiro (InterHigh Grand Sumo Tournament, Team Division - 1st Round)
- Hikage Tenma vs Sada Mizuki (InterHigh Grand Sumo Tournament, Individual Division - Finals)
- Hikage Tenma vs Kanou Akihira (All-Japan Championship)
- Hikage Tenma vs Saenoyama Norihino (Suzugatake Stable Join Training Hall, 15 Bouts)
- Hikage Tenma vs Nochi Kazuoki
- Hikage Tenma vs Ushio Hinomaru (September Tournament)
- His bloodtype is A.
- His epithet, Oodenta Mitsuyo, comes from one of the Tenka-Goken (天下五剣, Five Swords under Heaven), classified as one of the National Treasures of Japan.
- He enjoys visiting historic places, and in his own words, is addicted to manga and history-related games.
- He hates insects with a passion, as well as studying.
- He shares a clean freak streak with his brother, as he worries about finding dust in places only he can reach.
- He is described to have a nearly perfect body type for a sumo wrestler by Ogawa Tokio: Long limbs, broad shoulders, over 200cm, the only thing is that his torso is on the short side, so even shorter wrestlers with short lmibs can grab the belt.