- "I will throw myself into any kind of hell, in order to become strong, in order to become the yokozuna...!!"
—Hikage Tenma in Onimaru Kunitsuna Vs Oodenta Mitsuyo.
Hikage Tenma is a student from Kanazawakita Kita High School and a member of its sumo club. He has won the title of Middle School Yokozuna in his third year. In high school he lead Kanazawakita Kita High School to third place in tag team bouts during his first year. He won the the title of High School Yokozuna during individual bouts in his first year. He conquered the All-Japan Championship acquiring a Tsukedashi qualification. After graduating High School he joined Suzugatake Stable, to which his brother used to belong.
He is known for his strength and a quick and powerful strong toss, and a quick open palm strike.
Defensively, he often lets opponents fight him in close range, as he is confident that he can't get lifted or tossed. Even when the brothers acts as the guardians of the Nagoya Temple, who normally hold back fighting at full strength. However, they will actually fight seriously in the later chapters in the historical story, and/or when provoked by onlookers in open challenges.
- Hikage Tenma vs Ushio Hinomaru
- Hikage Tenma vs Kunisaki Chihiro (InterHigh Grand Sumo Tournament, Team Division - 1st Round)
- Hikage Tenma vs Sada Mizuki (InterHigh Grand Sumo Tournament, Individual Division - Finals)
- Hikage Tenma vs Kanou Akihira (All-Japan Championship)
- Hikage Tenma vs Saenoyama Norihino (Suzugatake Stable Join Training Hall, 15 Bouts)
- Hikage Tenma vs Nochi Kazuoki
- Hikage Tenma vs Ushio Hinomaru (September Tournament)
- His bloodtype is A.
- His epithet, Oodenta Mitsuyo, comes from one of the Tenka-Goken (天下五剣, Five Swords under Heaven), classified as one of the National Treasures of Japan.
- He enjoys visiting historic places, and in his own words, is addicted to manga and history-related games.
- He hates insects with a passion, as well as studying.
- He shares a clean freak streak with his brother, as he worries about finding dust in places only he can reach.