AppearanceDaniel is a foreigner from Bulgaria. He is light skinned and possesses a large muscular build with neck-length blonde hair. His mawashi is red in color. When seen outside the sumo club his attire usually consists of a large red jumpsuit.
He is the the second most laid-back wrestler in the team, and often given teammates English nicknames, even when he doesn't speak English.
He is naturally popular with girls, because it is an anomaly to have Caucasian sumo wrestlers in Japan.
His record is the opposite to Yomoda Jin. He has never won a bout in individual competitions, but as a foreigner, he also cannot gain National Treasure monikers.
Despite his tall physique, he stated he was weak, as he still hasn't won an individual bout. Like Ozeki, he also cared more about persevering in the sport despite the poor winning record, especially when they each have a yokozuna-level wrestler to try and eventually dethrone as a goal.
- Daniel Stefanov vs Ozeki Shinya
- He is a Bulgarian exchange student.
- He is the second tallest wrestler in the series thus far.
- He enjoys football and touring Japanese temples. His interest in Japanese culture came from watching Yamatokuni's bouts.
- His nickname is Danny, and his unoffical moniker (because foreigners cannot attain a National TReasure moniker) is Holy Sword - Excalibur.
- He learns Japanese through picture books, and doesn't speak English.